Monetary compensation from an e comm selling an under warranty laptop

I purchased an HP Laptop from Amazon on 4th Oct 2016 with warranty of 1 yr. Faced with an hard disk issue,went to HP Service center in Vashi where they informed warranty already expired in Feb as per serial number on laptop.Asked me to contact Amazon who first redirected me to seller Cart2India who again directed me to Amazon who are now making false assurances since last month. How do i make them pay for their mistakes and demand a monetary compensation for all the time,money,energy spent with nothing in exchange but harrassment

Answers (1)

135 votes

had amazon specifically mentioned warranty of one year from the bill of sale/invoice copy which you had received ? i think yes then you can send written notice through advocate or by yourself demanding why has the warranty not been honored. if this solves your problem then good otherwise on the basis of the notice you can file a complaint to the nearest consumer disputes redressal forum by yourself or through an advocate. please consult your local lawyer and immediately start the process and definitely the forum can solve your problem if warranty has been given they are bound to solve your issue and please direct your notice or complaint to all three amazon, hp service center and cart 2 india

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles