Made agreement with builder.Delayed possession.Can file consumer case?

Respected sir I have puchased a house from a coloniser in 2010 at the amount of 30 lakhs with possetion time of 2 years. They have delayed the construction and also In 2015 colonizer increased the price of flate by 10 lakhs so i have to pay 40lakhs for same. As i have no enough money i had decided to sell the house and arranged the money. I had made a notarised sell agreement and arranged money and paid the coloniser. I want to know can i have right to go in consumer forum aganist coloniser in present circuimtences.

Answers (1)

238 votes

Dear Sir,
You should at priority for a consumer case. There is a period of limitation on filling consumer cases which is three years from the cause of action.

Therefore it would be in your best interest to proceed immediately.

Contact for further action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles