Location to send legal notice

The Property is situated in Noida, however the legal agreement for allotment was signed in Delhi address of the Builder. It is their registered office in Delhi.

Answers (5)

282 votes

You may send it to the registered office of the other party irrespective of situation or location of property. A legal notice may be sent from any place in India to any place in India because it's only an intimation

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

83 votes

You can file petition, or complaint before the court or consumer Forum or Permanent lok adalat where the property is situated. You can send legal notice to the builder from your location also. The jurisdiction of the consumer court is only up to 20 lack. If the cost of flat is exceed the limit of 20 lack then you can file petition in state commission at Lucknow up to the value of one caror. If you don't want to file before consumer Forum then you can file petition before the permanent lok adalat also for the same remady.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
198 votes

The notice of the consumer court for the property situated in NOIDA should be sent to the builders Registered office/Corporate office at the Delhi Address.
Section 11 of the consumer protection act 1986 defines the Jurisdiction of the District Forum is up to 20 lacs in value may be filed in Noida as the business or cause of action is in the noida.
In case the value is more than >20 lacs to 1 Crore then the state commission in Lucknow should be approached.

65 votes

If you wish to initiate any legal proceeding, then it shall be initiated at Delhi as the part of agreement was executed at Delhi and the builder has their registered office at Delhi. Legal Action in a consumer case can be initiated at a place where the defendant reside or carry out his business(means have registered office) or cause of action has occurred. So you may initiate an action against a builder in Delhi

210 votes

Normally legal notice goes to head office /corporate office along with registered office. The notice should go to all above offices and if they have a local branch in your city then to them also you can send legal notice.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles