Legal remedy for delay in possession of flat purchased by builder

I have purchased a flat in Sidhdhivinayak Garima, Taloja, Panvel, Navi Mumbai on June 2017. The builder promised me to handover the flat until December 2017. But even after March 2018, construction of the society has not completed. When I ask about the possession builder says in a month or two he'll handover but in his RERA certificate, the postponed date is mentioned as DEC2018. It is a year delay from the original one. I am losing my rentals because of this delay. Can I file a case against the builder for this delay. Unfortunately, the possession date is nowhere mentioned in the sale deed. If I complain before RERA for the said builder, what documents do i need to submit? Will complaining to RERAQ only will do the job or I need to consult with a lawyer. Please suggest

Answers (1)

302 votes

Dear Client,

Your case is a strong case. Send legal notice to developer, to pay you the rental amount for difference period. If he is not ready, file complaint before RERA for necessary reliefs.

Expert Jurist LLP

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles