Land purchased re sold to another person within 5 days by promoter

I purchased a land few years ago from a real estate promoter. The promoter sold the land to another person after five days of my purchase. now who is the real owner of the land? what to do now?

Answers (3)

99 votes

The promoter has created a bogus documents and sold the property. There was falishied created documents. The signature has to be proved. Every civil court has jurisdiction to hear the case. A suit shall be filed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

174 votes

You had purchased first from the promoter

Undoubtedly you are the real owner and the second purchased has to claim demand from the developer

You have to lodge a criminal complaint against the builder for his fraud on you

The possession of the land to be with u to prove your claim

Also you can approach the court to declare the 2nd sale deed in favour of the second purchaser by the promoter as null and void

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
238 votes

The promoter cannot sell the same property which was sold to you to another person. If you have the documents relating to the purchase of the property you can file a civil case in the court of law for your remedy. Consult an advocate with all relevant documents as early as possible

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I first filed complaint in District Consumer Mysore. I appealed in State consumer Bangalore . Now I have filed execution application in District Consu…

Read More

I have been defaulted loan from ICICI Bank. A loan has been given to me of Rs. 250000 withount signing any docs. Even I didn't know any T&C. I did…

Read More

i got a plot on yumna express way in year 2009alloted by yumna express way on installment .the land has been not given passion as told by auothrty to …

Read More

Hello,I recently purchased a item on the site "Olx" where people sell their owned items.I was assured by the seller than the item,a hard dis…

Read More