Invested in building project. Project cancelled. Money not refunded.

In Consumer Court Law

I am a retired, salaried Army officer. My wife invested in SKM Cambrian Forest, Sector-95, Gurgaon project. Booking: Rs 5,00,000/- on 29 Feb 2012; down payment: Rs 31,36,202/- on 01 Sep 2012. Receipt is held with me. Learnt in Apr 2013 that project has been shelved.

Since then efforts to get refund of investment have been in vain. In Dec 2013, SKM has stated desire to recommence project. It is apparently a lie. I want an immediate refund of my investment.

Answers (1)

331 votes

Since the builder has not delivered the project in time, as per the agreement, you can subject to the terms and conditions of the allotment / purchase, claim the amount you have already paid alongwith damages as enunciated therein, either in a consumer court or in a civil suit for recovery.

Moreover, you can file a case of fraud and misappropriation of money with the Economic Offence Wing.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles