×

quesInvested in building project. Project cancelled. Money not refunded.

I am a retired, salaried Army officer. My wife invested in SKM Cambrian Forest, Sector-95, Gurgaon project. Booking: Rs 5,00,000/- on 29 Feb 2012; down payment: Rs 31,36,202/- on 01 Sep 2012. Receipt is held with me. Learnt in Apr 2013 that project has been shelved.

Since then efforts to get refund of investment have been in vain. In Dec 2013, SKM has stated desire to recommence project. It is apparently a lie. I want an immediate refund of my investment.

Since the builder has not delivered the project in time, as per the agreement, you can subject to the terms and conditions of the allotment / purchase, claim the amount you have already paid alongwith damages as enunciated therein, either in a consumer court or in a civil suit for recovery.

Moreover, you can file a case of fraud and misappropriation of money with the Economic Offence Wing.

• Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only