I am facing Harrasment by a Private electric Company . Kindly help..

I have electricity connection from SNDL a private electric company.My electricity bill from 200 units shot up to 2000 units per month .I had to make a payment of about Rs 90,000 but I made a payment of Rs 50,000 under protest on 31/08/2015. On 29/09/2015 they temporarily disconnected my electricity without notice or informing me , And from that date they remarked on every bill that the meter is inaccessible , although they themselves took and put the picture of the meter every month on the bill which proved the meter to be accessible. On 06/10 /2017 they removed the meter without notice or informing me. Now I am receiving calls daily from their vigilance office that their is theft of electricity . They did not give me any notice or informed me about theft or done any panchnama and didn't took signatures of any of my neighbours after passing of so manny days. Can they take any action now. I am thinking of going against them in consumer forum .

Answers (3)

197 votes

You can file the consumer complaint against the electricity board. But before filing consumer complaint you have to issue legal notice through your advocate and give them 15 days to rectify thier mistake or wait upto 15 days. If electricity board failed to remove your problems then you have to file consumer complaint.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

157 votes

dear client,No they cant take any action against you, and you should approach to consumer court. matter is in your favour as they havent provided any prior notice.so you can approach consumer court and file a suit against that company

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
152 votes

Hello, I have gone though your query. First send the notice through a lawyer and after you get the reply to the notice. Wait till the time period mentioned in the notice and then you can file the complaint in State Consumer Forum. You have not mentioned the place from where you are, on that basis jurisdiction of the Court is decided.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles