×

How to recover money from salesman who has cheated me

I got a car audio system for my new car last week. I got an amplifier for the system for 13000rs from a shop in Kochi. The sales man convinced me that the amplifier needs a converter which costs 7000rs to connect fhe inputs and there is no way around, despite me asking him several times if he is sure because i have heard somewhere that some amplifiers doesnt need one. And finally i paid for all the stuff and got it installed. Later i found out that the amplifier already had an inbuilt converter and the converter I bought was not at all necessary. I feel cheated. I am thinking about going to the shop and talk to them nicely to take their product back and refund my money. Do i have the right to demand it? Or is there any legal scope for me to sue them?

Please note that either you approach Consumer Forum (if you have a bill ) OR file a Criminal case for cheating .In both circumstances, it is better to proceed with the help of an Advocate.If need any more clarification,feel free to contact back at any time.
Regards,
RAJESH NEDUMPROM,Adv

Dear Client,
Talk to the person who had sold you this device , in a cool manner and request him to refund the amounts even if he discounts some amounts, for the sake of avoiding litigation.
If he is not coming in tune, just file a complaint before the Consumer disputes Redressal Forum, katrikadavum Ernakulam, accusing him for unfair trade practice, loss of amounts, mental agony along with litigation expenses. I think it will be better to entrust the matter to a Consumer Lawyer, since it will be helpful to you.
Do not forget to collect the guarantee card of the items you purchased to avoid further problem.
Adv.Sachin

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune

Since you availed a service by paying certain amount, you are now a consumer of the particular shop. You have right to return the thing purchased by you coz of misrepresentation made by the salesman, and demand the money paid for it back. If they are now willing to do it you can approach a consumer court concerned. For that you need to write down the entire things happened ( with an allegation of the misrepresentation made by the salesman) and file it to the Consumer court. A fee of Rs.100/- by way of Postal Order ( mode of payment may vary) to be paid.