Continue to LawRato.com with Google


How to recover money from salesman who has cheated me

I got a car audio system for my new car last week. I got an amplifier for the system for 13000rs from a shop in Kochi. The sales man convinced me that the amplifier needs a converter which costs 7000rs to connect fhe inputs and there is no way around, despite me asking him several times if he is sure because i have heard somewhere that some amplifiers doesnt need one. And finally i paid for all the stuff and got it installed. Later i found out that the amplifier already had an inbuilt converter and the converter I bought was not at all necessary. I feel cheated. I am thinking about going to the shop and talk to them nicely to take their product back and refund my money. Do i have the right to demand it? Or is there any legal scope for me to sue them?

Answers (3)

Please note that either you approach Consumer Forum (if you have a bill ) OR file a Criminal case for cheating .In both circumstances, it is better to proceed with the help of an Advocate.If need any more clarification,feel free to contact back at any time.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Client,
Talk to the person who had sold you this device , in a cool manner and request him to refund the amounts even if he discounts some amounts, for the sake of avoiding litigation.
If he is not coming in tune, just file a complaint before the Consumer disputes Redressal Forum, katrikadavum Ernakulam, accusing him for unfair trade practice, loss of amounts, mental agony along with litigation expenses. I think it will be better to entrust the matter to a Consumer Lawyer, since it will be helpful to you.
Do not forget to collect the guarantee card of the items you purchased to avoid further problem.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

Since you availed a service by paying certain amount, you are now a consumer of the particular shop. You have right to return the thing purchased by you coz of misrepresentation made by the salesman, and demand the money paid for it back. If they are now willing to do it you can approach a consumer court concerned. For that you need to write down the entire things happened ( with an allegation of the misrepresentation made by the salesman) and file it to the Consumer court. A fee of Rs.100/- by way of Postal Order ( mode of payment may vary) to be paid.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Similar questions

I had ordered a speaker called Bose Soundlink Revolve+ through Ebay on 23rd of May. Order number, Claim ID: 3585215 PaisaPay ID: 47071799304 Item numb…

Read More

Recently my car got damaged, the car was insured with zero dep policy. I gave my car to an authorised service centre of chevrolet for repair work. But…

Read More

Tried booking tickets from online ticketing site but tickets were not booked and amount was deducted from the account and now company has stop respond…

Read More

Hi im from Mumbai, i got a call from  from Flight Raja Travels Pvt Ltd which is located in Bangalore.  assured us regarding job placement in…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue