How to protect myself from a harassing seller who threatens me?

In Consumer Court Law

I ordered a dress online from a Facebook Page, wherein there was a delay in delivery and now, when the supplier lady is calling me, I told her that I am out of money and will buy it once I  get my next month's salary.

But she is now harrasing me saying that her husband will come to collect money and all. She is also abusing me and calling me again and again. First, the delay was from her end and when once I received it, there was quality issue and I returned the same. But now she is forcing me by calling me at Mid Night and even her husband calls me.

She is threatening me that her husband is in the Times of India and I will be in trouble. Help me please.

Answers (1)

381 votes

We suggest that you should approach the nearest Police Station and register a complaint against her and her husband for criminal intimidation under Section 506 of the Indian Penal Code.

You should file a written complaint addressed to the SHO, clearly explaining the facts of the case and requesting the police to take necessary action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles