Continue to LawRato.com with Google


How to get refund of Nursery School Admission Fee

Hello I got my 3 year old daughter admitted to a school, and paid about Rs 80,000 as admission fees. It was mentioned that the fees is non refundable. This was in August. After that I was able to secure her admission in another better school and put up a request for admission cancellation in the first school. I never heard back from them. I have sent them emails and submitted hard copy applications at the school and talked to the reception as well. But nothing has made them respond back. I am ok if they return only some part of the money instead of the full amount, but is that legally possible? Even after we have signed an undertaking that the admission fees is non-refundable? Please advise and provide examples where court has asked schools to provide back admission fees once admission is cancelled. THANKS

Answers (1)

Dear Client,
As per your query involved the first and the foremost step that you should do is to send a legal notice to your concerned school. There are various classes of cases where in the court has ordered for refunding the entire fees by deducting Admission, Registration and Turion fees of one month.
However the same may be entertained in the court only if the admission was taken but the child has not attend any of the class. In case of any other legal advice feel free to contact .
Tushar Bahadur,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

I have taken admission In Nagarjuna University for BEd course through an Agent in 2016 for the vatch 2016-2018. He demanded Rs, 80,000/- course fees e…

Read More

I have question regarding collages and University i need legal advice the thing is i am 2014 2016 mit kothrud student after 4 semester i had backlog i…

Read More

I want Legal Advice related to consumer forum I take an admission in college for MBA and deposited fess online through NEFT. The college is situated i…

Read More

Sir I have one evidence of the fee receipt regarding my clg, i am allotted 3 no. Clg but they deposit my fee in no. 1 clg and make fraud. And mixing o…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue