×

How to get refund of Nursery School Admission Fee

Hello I got my 3 year old daughter admitted to a school, and paid about Rs 80,000 as admission fees. It was mentioned that the fees is non refundable. This was in August. After that I was able to secure her admission in another better school and put up a request for admission cancellation in the first school. I never heard back from them. I have sent them emails and submitted hard copy applications at the school and talked to the reception as well. But nothing has made them respond back. I am ok if they return only some part of the money instead of the full amount, but is that legally possible? Even after we have signed an undertaking that the admission fees is non-refundable? Please advise and provide examples where court has asked schools to provide back admission fees once admission is cancelled. THANKS

Dear Client,
As per your query involved the first and the foremost step that you should do is to send a legal notice to your concerned school. There are various classes of cases where in the court has ordered for refunding the entire fees by deducting Admission, Registration and Turion fees of one month.
However the same may be entertained in the court only if the admission was taken but the child has not attend any of the class. In case of any other legal advice feel free to contact .
Regards,
Tushar Bahadur,
(Advocate).

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune