How should a consumer submit his case file in court

03-May-2023 (In Consumer Court Law)
Can a consumer send the case file to forum by post or does he has to submit personally?
Answers (5)

Answer #1
573 votes
in the case of deficiency in services, customer can file a complaint against service provider. But its depend on nature of services.
Answer #2
893 votes
Consumer Complaint is to be filed in the Registry of the District, State or National Commission depending on the valuation of of the Complaint amount within a period of two years from the date on which the cause of action has arisen. Complaint can be filled on all working days (Monday to Friday). Consumer Complaint should be signed by the complainant and supported by a Notarized attested.
The Consumer Complaint along with all the copies [1+1 + Number of Opposite Parties] should be properly numbered and indexed as follows at the time of filing:

1. Index
2. List of Dates
3. Memo of Parties (with fresh complete addresses & telephone no.)
4. Complaint with Notarised attested affidavit
5. Supporting documents in favour of complaint e.g. receipt, voucher etc. (All the Annexures must be attested as True Copy on the last page with name & signature)
6. Application for condonation of delay with Notarised attested affidavit, if beyond limitation. (2 years from cause of action)
7. Fee
Answer #3
910 votes
Sir in delhi you have to personally come and file the case at the filling counter and take the next date. Some of the forums refer the case to mediations centre before going in the merits of the case.
Answer #4
953 votes
A case can be filed at the consumer forum by submitting personally or with an advocate with the case file and paying the nominal requisite court fees and basic stamp duty. While filing the case, please take care of the jurisdiction at which the case needs to be filed
Answer #5
644 votes
Dear sir/madam,

The complainant can present the complaint in person or by his/her authorised representative without engaging any advocate. The complaint can be sent by registered post. A minimum of 5 copies of the complaint is to be filed in the forum. Besides this you have to file additional copies for each opposite party.


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."