×

quesHow can I claim for being charged more than the printed price

Yesterday, i went to a eatery and was charged 13 rs over the mrp printed on bottle. i have taken photos of each of them. On top of that, they did not even tell that the water was to be bought. I enquired why i was not informed that it was chargable, and then the waiter told me that i should have asked. Funny thing is that, the water bottles are kept on the table without an information that it was chargable.

• ansUnder the Consumer Protection Act, if a trader or service provider has charged for the goods or for the service a price in excess of the price displayed on the goods or any package containing such goods, the consumer can file a complaint.

You can file a complaint before the appropriate District Consumer, if you are going to seek as compensation less than Rs.25 lakh.

Advocate Arun Shabari KR

Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai

• Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only