How can I cancel a club membership falsely sold to me

Hi, am a victim of falsely sold country club membership. they called me saying i have won a price and i have to collect. they said i have to sit through a presentation,where they play loud music while explaining different packages. they falsely say free, no maintenance cards we will get. then they have taken signature of me saying i understand there wont be a any refund. when asked about the inclusion of all mentioned benefits they say this is just a generic one, you will receive all documentation later. then they dont respond to the mails or calls. what are my options here, to get a refund.

Answers (3)

191 votes

You can file consumer case for unfair trade practise, deficiency of service & for mental agony, there r many cases filed against them, you 'll get a favourable judgment. You must ask for refund of money paid & for mental agony. Don't pay for AMC even if they ask for it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

101 votes

Your case should not be to get your membership cancelled but if any amount paid then refund of it , which can be challenged in consumer court , hence first get your things right and then approach in better way through lawyer .

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
210 votes

Dear Sir/Madam, if you have documents in this regard, you have to issued a legal notice to the said country club and in mean time you have to give police complaint for fraud and cheating you against the said country club.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles