Harassment from mobile service provider and not providing compensation

10-Apr-2023 (In Consumer Court Law)
Value Added Service was activated on my mobile phone without my consent and money deducted for the same. Initially I was promised a refund but later on, they refused. When I put my foot down, I was IVR barred for 23 days for protesting. In total, 4 of my numbers were IVR barred, one after another, after I tried to pursue the matter with their Customer Care, from that number. I then filed a complaint with NCH. I got the refund after 2 months, only after escalating my complaint to TRAI. They have refused me compensation, though. I have endured a lot in those 2 months, from their staff and otherwise. I want to claim compensation for the harassment/agony they subjected me to. How much can I claim, and under what sections? Kindly advise.
Answers (1)

Answer #1
621 votes
Then send them legal notice for that harrasment and mental agony and stress. Ask for compansession.
Then after u may also appraoch to Consumer fourum to solved your problem it will the only remedy to your querry.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."