Gym closed down and did not get refund under FD scheme What to do

I had taken memership at Talwalkars Gym Santacruz West Mumbai under an FD scheme. As per this scheme I paid Rs 20,000 for 2 years. I could use the gym for 2 years and get the money back at the end of 2 years. However the Gym at Santacruz west closed down and Talwalkars have closed the old company and started a new one Talwalkars Better Value Fitness Ltd with new gyms at other locations. When I tried to contact them they said I paid the old company and this is a new company. Do I have any legal options on getting my FD scheme amount back

Answers (1)

51 votes

yes absolutely
u have issued legal notice
then wait for reply
thereafter file complaint against gym
before consumer forum.
definitely your requirement is fulfilled and refund ur FD scheme amount with interest. ...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles