Gave money for a job in UAE. No response. What to do now?

Dear Sir/Mam i am facing mentally harass, financially disturb through one of delhi and mubai based international manpower company.i paid rs 100000 for job in uae but still dont get my employment visa when i asked to my delhi and mumbai based agent then every time they said within 2 days your visa will be come and its all most 60 days passed.

Answers (3)

262 votes


It has become a regular case in India where people are being cheated like this. I would suggest you to come up with all your documents like agreement, visa application form, etc.. Police case is made out in such cases.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

170 votes

Where do you stay? Where is the office of this manpower company? Immediately go to the police station (where the cause of action has arisen) and file a criminal complaint in detail about the entire episode. Make sure you put charges of them for fraud, criminal breach of trust and cheating etc. Give name and contact details of the agent so that the police summon him for questioning. There are ways to go about this in a peaceful manner also (by filing a complaint in the consumer court) but this will take up a lot of your time and money. Make sure you mention the Registration Number of the Recruitment Agency in your complaint.

Protector General of Emigrants under Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs is the authority responsible for protecting the interest of Indian workers going abroad. PGE is also the registering authority to issue Registration Certificate to the Recruiting Agents for overseas manpower exporting business.
You should also see this link and check if that manpower company figures on this list - ifhttp://

This list has names of companies that have been blacklisted by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, Government of India.

Also visit the Protector of Emigrants office and make a formal complaint:
The Protector of Emigrants, New Delhi
Information relating to clearance by PoE, Delhi
Jaisalmer House, Canteen Block,
Mansingh Road, New Delhi.
Telephone No. 011-23382472

The Protector of Emigrants
MUMBAI Information relating to clearance by PoE, MUMBAI
Building `E' Khira Nagar
S.V. Road, Santa Cruz (W)
Telephone No. 022-26614393

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
318 votes

Dear Sir,

Kindly go to the police and get a FIR registered against the company and the agents who are in your touch.

Get the FIR registered for cheating and criminal beach of trust, most likely these people are fraud and scamsters.

Please feel free to revert back in case of further clarifications

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles