Flat registration cancelled builder not giving the full money back

In febuary 2016 we choose to buy a flat in XX we gave $$ token to builder and $$ as a 1% to agent but some financial reason we decided to cancellation before registration builder decided to cut YY and promise to give XX but he return VV in next 6 months and after he is not giving a ₹ over that till may 2017. Even agent not return a single amount in XX we have bank statement and builder payment receipt scan copy what to do now?

Answers (4)

301 votes

You have two options one is to file recovery suit and second is to file consumer compliant.
Recovery suit will take atleast 1 year to dispose of. In consumer court u can have back money within 8 months.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

118 votes

Will have to go through your agreement to see the dispute. This is a recovery of money dispute. If there is an arbitration clause we will have to follow that and accordingly try to get your money back.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
162 votes

1. Send a legal notice to the builder for claiming XX as promised. If there is no agreed term and condition for deduction of YY then claim that too. Terms and conditions could be in the receipt.
2. If the builder fails to respond as per the legal notice then you file a complaint before the District Consumer Forum having jurisdiction in your area, claiming XX and YY along with interest.

110 votes

hello. we definately approach consumer court for seeking redressal of your grievances. we should have all documents and proof . consumer courts are liberal in approach. we can definately get a favourable order. Do approach

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles