Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Flat booked under subvention scheme but no work going on by builder

Hi this is related to a flat I booked in Noida extension under subvention scheme .It has been 3 years and still hardly any work going on .Also the builder has stopped paying Pre EMI now and Bank has started cutting EMI from the Account. I don't want my EMI to start and looking for refund of the amount with penalty and compensation as the invested money is blocked and also the construction is not going at all.Minimum of 500 labor is needed to complete the project on time but only 10-15 labor can be seen those are also only to showcase only. Please suggest best solution for the situation what all tools like Rera and other can be used ,Should I go for the court ?The project is registered under Rera and Builder has given June -2019 tentative date in Rera but currently the construction is stopped . Can some penalty be imposed on builder through rera or other legal means?Can I get the refund of my hard earned invested money.

Answers (5)

You can file complaint with RERA. Alternatively you may approach Consumer Commission/Form undetr consumer protection act with consumer complaint for refund with interest and compensation. The consumer protection act remedy is in addition to the other remedy available.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello in this type of case penalty can only be imposed by RERA under its penalty clause only if the builder will delay the possession after the date which has been given to you in the builder buyer agreement. Rest, we have different agencies lined up for these types of cases. We can file a case in consumer court apart from filing a criminal case for cheating and of 406IPC for getting back the invested money as only because of the criminal case they will turn up to the court. Rest, you can contact the law Rato team for my contact details.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

First of all write a letter cum notice to builder for not paying the Pre EMI and also the work status of subjected site.
Secondly check the allotment letter/Agreement if it has any clause about the step by step work completion for each year.
Also check if any clause on deduction on refund application.

This is a very unfortunate practice which is followed by the builders these days. You have two options , you can approach RERA authority as well has Consumer forums depending upon the jurisdiction of your flat. And as a interim relief you may claim payment of EMIs till the final construction is done

Since the builder has given possession date June 19 so you can not raise question but under rera you can ask progress report. If you want your money back you will have to approach consumer forum. However it all depends on the agreement signed by you.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Similar questions

Hello, We booked a flat in geater Noida around 4 yrs back and only 15% of the work has been done yet and now builder does not have funds. We are a gro…

Read More

Im representing a groups of Allotees form Group Housing Society, wherein the underground high tension wire has gone faulty just within 6 months and al…

Read More

I have booked a flat for 37 lacs by paying one lac as booking amount.later transferred 7 lacs to cover 20 % of flat cost.Sale agreement was done. Now …

Read More

I have purchase the property from builder in Kolkata rajarhat through marketing company in July 2014. Now they have cancel the project and after one y…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue