Firm falsely represent themselves as brand authorized service provider

07-Apr-2023 (In Consumer Court Law)
A firm India falsely represented them selves as authorised service provider of livepure and collected money for AMC of Water Purifier. Now they are not providing service
Answers (5)

Answer #1
826 votes
You should consult a lawyer to give a legal notice with copy to livepure stating that this company has mis-represented. This amounts to cheating and misrepresentation. Include other party as well.

This is usual in law practice. NO need to approach Consumer forum for such petty issues
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
669 votes
In my view this is not confined to consumer dispute in fact it is misrepresentation and thus is a criminal breach. They have cheated and duped you. I think you should take both criminal and consumer action against them.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
635 votes
File a criminal complaint under section 415, 416 and 420 against the person who mis represented and if they haven’t mos represented then file under deficiency of service before Distrcit consumer comission.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
865 votes
You can proceed to Consumer District forum and file a complaint under section 12 of consumer protection act for deficiency of services.

You can also file a police complaint for cheating and impersonation.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #5
822 votes
you can file a trademark infringement suit against that firm for unauthorized use of your trademark and can ask for the damages and compensation along with the rendition of accounts under civil law. you can also conduct the raid upon the alleged firm, in criminal law.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."