Filing case against builder not providing documents after full payment

Hello, I wanted to know whether i can file a case against my Builder for Mental Harassment. He took full amount of the house and now not providing the basic documentation like receipt of Development Charges and he blocked the lift facility and asking for more money to avail these services. Please advise.

Dear Sir,
Every individual has a legal right to file a case and so do you. But it is advisable to serve a legal notice upon your builder, so that issue may be resolved without entering into any litigation.
If the builder does not pay any heed to your notice, then you may file a complaint under the Consumer Protection Act before the appropriate forum.
In view of above, you may act accordingly.

Regards.
Manoj Singh
Advocate

If the builder is not providing the services agreed in the contract and asking for additional amount for providing the same, since this amounts to deficiency in service the consumer can approach District Consumer Forum seeking direction to builder to provide agreed facilities and claiming compensation for mental harassment