Filing case against builder not providing documents after full payment

Hello, I wanted to know whether i can file a case against my Builder for Mental Harassment. He took full amount of the house and now not providing the basic documentation like receipt of Development Charges and he blocked the lift facility and asking for more money to avail these services. Please advise.

Answers (2)

60 votes

Dear Sir,
Every individual has a legal right to file a case and so do you. But it is advisable to serve a legal notice upon your builder, so that issue may be resolved without entering into any litigation.
If the builder does not pay any heed to your notice, then you may file a complaint under the Consumer Protection Act before the appropriate forum.
In view of above, you may act accordingly.

Manoj Singh

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

100 votes

If the builder is not providing the services agreed in the contract and asking for additional amount for providing the same, since this amounts to deficiency in service the consumer can approach District Consumer Forum seeking direction to builder to provide agreed facilities and claiming compensation for mental harassment

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles