Delay in refund for cancellation of booking of land plot

I'd booked three plots of land costing ~26 lacs in 2012 (full payment were made by Nov 2013) and was promised to register these plot in our name in 12-18 months of time. There is no progress for last 5-6 years and I finally decided to cancel the booking in Dec 2017. Builder is giving excuses to pay the money. Please let me know what options I've to recover the money along with damages and what would be the time frame of recovery if go for legal option.

You can file civil as well as criminal proceedings against the builder for recovery of money the time in civil for recovery of money would be more than 1-2 years and in criminal it would be recovered in 6 months kindly contact for further discussion