Delay in possession of flat can I file consumer complaint

Garden Isles, Residential project was started by Jay Pee group in Sec 129 Noida. The flats were to be handed over to the buyers in 2016 (different date for each buyer). On an average 80% of the cost has been paid to the builder. The flats are far from completion. A group of buiyers want to file a complaint in the consumer court seeking penalty against the builder.

Answers (3)

117 votes

Your grievance can be best taken care of by the Consumer Commission. The jurisdiction of the court will be decided on the basis of the value of the apartment. The National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission is coming down heavily upon Builders who have been duping its customers and not delivering possession on time. For any further queries, feel free to get in touch with us.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

231 votes

Hi Sir,
We are into real estate and handling such issues from past 3 years. We have been successfully handling in all the matters in with regard to getting back the money from the builder, the interest, compensation plus the delayed charges, if any mentioned in the Builder Buyer agreement.
We will have to file a consumer complaint in the Consumer Forum under the relevant provisions.
Please get in touch for further clarifications.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
182 votes

The consumer complaint is maintaible in this case, it amounts to deficiency in service. There are several cases where national commission has awarded penalty along with 18 percent interest and all the buyers should file a collective that it can be listed before NCDRC

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles