Delay in possession and allotment of property to some other buyer

I hv booked a flat at NaviMumbai in 5/2015 (Under construction) for residential purpose. I received summons frm court stating that the flat has been alloted to another person prior to my allotment. He is an investor & has also invested in 15 flats. He has filed a case agaist our builder to deregister our flat & claim to have right over it. I hv compeleted all legal procedures, taxes & almost paid total consideration. The another person has nothing apart frm allotment letter. On discussion abt this with builder we were told that he has returned all the invested amt & has assured us that he will sort the matter positively. On enquiry of possession he is ready to give the keys inspite of pendind works(installation of lights, lift,water supply, electrical meter box; fire NOC, etc.). He has assured us in written to undertake cost of maintenance until the project receives OC. My qstn is considering the above situation should I accept the keys before case is solved and before recieving OC?

Answers (1)

279 votes

I u accepted the amt. Then u can waive therire right. My suggestion us that u can go to consumer court. And claim file againest bilder. Ang gave legaly possession of suit property like flat. And one more option is that u can file suit 4 possession of flat in civil court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles