Customer filed mental harassment complaint how to defend, advise

My company is registered in Allahabad (UP) and provides online admission service on "First come first serve" basis to a school in Rewa (MP) and hired a payment gateway service from another company. Plaintiff filed a complaint against all three of us and claiming deficiency of service and claimed 2 lac for mental harassment. Actually, on admission day, he made online payment and same has been deducted too but due to some internet problem we could not get confirmation from payment service provider and thats why we could not allocate a seat to him through computer application. We refunded the deducted amount too as per school instruction. Plaintiff is not satisfied with refund and seeking his son's admission else 2 lac compensation. We raised his query in front of school but school refused to give admission. Now he sent a summon through Judicial District of Consumer Court, Rewa. Q1: Are we in the Jurisdiction? Q2: Are we fall under deficiency of service? Q3: How can we defend ourselves

Answers (2)

132 votes

You can defend it
As you have to prove that it was not delay from your side also you have to give some basic required documents needed in court to defend yourself ask for documents and plaint filed by him through your counsel
Also jurisdiction can be primarily issue

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

137 votes

For defending yourself before consumer court you need good lawyer who can distinguish the difference between mental harassment deficiency in service. .

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles