Contract builder stops construction work & demands more money

I bought a land in a un authorization colony delhi, i made a contract with a local builder to make 3 floor on it, we both builder and me have agreement about construction, in which i have to pay 12 lakh initially and 4 lakh after finalisation, initial payment 12 lakh done and work started ,structure still incomplete and builder stopped work and demand more amount, i denied to pay amount. Now no working there due to that agreement, what should i do, he dont say that he will not do work , he ask for money. Please suggest?

Answers (2)

You may ask for the completion of work as per the agreement and then you may pay after the work is over. Not on the legal front, it is said that you try to find out the reason of asking money and if you find it reasonable, just go ahead but take consent that it will form part of that money.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You may file a complaint in consumer forum regarding the services which you availed from that contractor and get directions from the forum there are some relivent judgements which will be helpful for your case. It is settled law first you have to fulfill your promise as stated in the agreement then the liability arrises on the second party to pay the consideration for that.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

I have bought a 2BHK flat in Supertech Eco-Village-2 back in 2011 with possesion date as November 2013. When asked for compensation they say it will b…

Read More

We are planning to file a case in NCRDC against our builder for delay in possession. How we can proceed in this scenario. Shall we register our group …

Read More

I had booked a flat in 2010 and registered agreement for the same in 2011.The possesion date was mentioned as Dec 2015.However the builder delayed and…

Read More

I have booked a studio apartment with Logix Zest, Sec-143, Noida in Oct 2012.The possession date as per the buyer's agreement was 24 months.It is …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue