Consumer Harassment. Court asked company to pay me but no cheque given

I have purchased a Spice mobile & it became defective after a month & I took it to service centre but even after that it was not repaired & the same fault occurred again & again, so I took the matter to the Consumer Court but there to the judgement was delayed due to renovation for almost a year & I was asked to pay a fee of Rs. 500/- for filing the rejoinder affidavit even though it was not fault. I was fed up so much that I finally settled for amount of Rs. 3000/- and the judge gave an order on 29th of July asking the company to pay me the same amount but till date I have not rec the cheque

Answers (3)

285 votes

File a contempt application or a misc application in your disposed case number for further directions to pay or to invoke contempt. Since the matter was compromised the company can not go in appeal. You file the simple application.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

257 votes


Going by what you have stated herein, it is advised that kindly ask the registry of the forum if any cheque has been deposited there and if not file execution petition and demand interest on the said amount..

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
303 votes

I am assuming you are referring to the Sheikh Sarai District consumer forum which has been under renovation. Unfortunately these companies don't abide by orders passed right away. I advise you to file an execution application before the same court stating all these facts and making a prayer for a direction to Spice mobile to pay up. You would be surprised to know that I have an order in my favour dated 28.4.2014 and I still have not got the money. Finally I filed an execution application which is still pending. So since the district forum has been conferred powers to execute its own orders we have no other option to file and wait.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles