Company refunded after complaining in IRDA. Can i file consumer case?

I applied for a health insurance policy with a company. Initially i paid the premium of Rs. 18,000. After making the payment the medical of my mother was done in which her Blood Pressure was 126/80. This pressure is normal for a 55 yr old woman. But the company refused to provide us the policy in the ground that my mother has high blood pressure. Now when i asked for refund it was not provided initially, but later on complaining to the IRDA i was given refund after 40 days. Can file a complaint in the consumer forum for mental harassment?

You can file but there will be absolutely no benefit. The consumer court will, 99%, dismiss the matter since you would no longer be aggrieved and the case would be "settled."

If you do end up getting the case admitted, it will take a lot more than 40 days before that court grants you, maybe 2K or 3K as damages. Nothing more. So not worth it at all in our opinion.

You can file but there will be absolutely no benefit. The consumer court will, 99%, dismiss the matter since you would no longer be aggrieved and the case would be "settled." If you do end up getting the case admitted, it will take a lot more than 40 days before that court grants you, maybe 2K or 3K as damages. Nothing more. So not worth it at all in my opinion.

Yes you can. File a consumer complaint for mental harrassment

Yes you can file a consumer complaint. But it's my suggestion to go through terms and conditions of the policy, .