Clarification on poor construction of building by builder

Apartment with underground cellar constructed 10 years back. Cellar walls are not with RCC structure. Now they started seepage during raining season causing dangerous situation. Builder is rejecting to take it as his responsibility. How to make him responsible. Advise please

Answers (3)

266 votes

Before going for a complaint against the builder you have to first get a report from the municipal or relevant engineer as to the cause of seepage. Basing on the report then issue a notice, then if the builder did not amicably respond then file a case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

251 votes


What is decided about the cellar maintenance in the agreement? If there is a specific clause in the agreement pertaining to the maintenance and liability of the builder upon his default with regard to adhering to the maintenance clause, he can be made responsible for the issues you are facing. Ask the secretary of the apartment to get issued a legal notice to the builder and ask him to comply with the promises in the agreement. If the builder is not coming to terms, approach consumer forum and file a complaint against the builder for a direction to make good the deficiencies in the cellar and to claim compensation from the builder for the mental harassment all the flat owners are facing due to the deficient services provided by the builder.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
107 votes

knowing to purchase the non-rcc structure and the 10 years old the builder wont take responsibility but you can change the structure with RCC as the seepage is damaging the walls and so please be advised

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles