Claiming refund of fees from education institution within first 2 week

I would like to know if we can claim refund of complete or partial tuition fees from an educational institution within the first 2 weeks of starting of the course. Reason is because we are not happy with the method and style of teaching and tutors and management are very arrogant. The management is very rich and influential. What are the chances of success and getting back our hard earned money.

Answers (3)

208 votes

Dear Querist,
It all depends on the agreement you have signed. You would have signed the payment receipt for the fees paid on the reverse u see if they would refund the fees if u r not happy with their teaching style, based on that you can claim your money. However, if they fail to pay any money then u can issue a Legal notice outlining their arrogance and ask for the refund of the money, if nothing happens even after issuing legal notice then u can file a consumer case for deficiency of services, unfair trade practices and for compensation.
Pratap, Adv

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

313 votes

There are conflicting judgements on this point. But on a normal course the court is in favour of the consumer/student. For a brief idea to you there are AICTE guidelines which determines the refund methods and criteria, if you fall under any of the conditions mentioned there, you are entitled to refund. You need to divulge further details for us to advice you further and properly. We also need to check whether your institution is binding by the AICTE guidelines or any other statutory bodies.
Or approach any good lawyer near you and discuss your specific matter.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
169 votes

Dear friend,
This is the time that you have to fight and get the matter settle and your refund back in full or partial, later it might not be possible, and nithing to worry about powerful management and all ,wrong is wrong, but you should have guts, so better contact a good lawyer who can get you over it ,or in case you may contact our office ,OFC : Adv pankaj Kumar

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles