Claim of remedy and compensation for damage of property

I purchased a flat in oct,2008.ln 2012 leakage over ceiling area observed.reported the matter to the builder but he refused to do repairing as he handed over the building to the managing committee. The committee is still unregistered.this committee collected special money from each of 18 flat owners for repairing purpose.but did nothing so far.three letters issued from me with a special letter to ward commissionerin 2013.lately on 19.4.2017 he gave his written order in my favour.but the m.c. is remain blind to this grave situation.meanwhile area of water leakage is increasing day by day.physically and mentally is in bad is one of three basic needs.may i repair the rooftop at my own cost under intimation to the local police station.?what legal action may i take?please advise

Answers (1)

251 votes

Have to see Deed then it will be clear what could be done against developer, but with regard to deficiency of services he can suit against the developer at consumer court and will get order against developer, next committee has taken money but did not acted, breach of trust and cheating case and foul play case can be initiated against members only but unregistered commeete cannot be party to the suit, Lastly if you desires to get repaired himself you can do so by filing 144 case against the commeetee members in personal names by restraining order.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles