Child quit the course want to claim for amount paid to institution

I had admitted my child in this institute but my child was not interested in this course.I paid 15000 for this course.Us there any law to refund my money if this institute willnt refund.

Answers (4)

68 votes

Hi. No I don't think there's any way out. You can only try requesting the institute giving valid and such grounds which compelled you to discontinue with the course. Else there is no way to get your money back.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

271 votes

Definitely the consumer courts are pro consumer and the relief should be granted to you. Firstly, we will need to check if there is any clause in the General Terms & Conditions which has been signed by you which states that in the event the child withdraws himself from the institute after taking admission the money will not be refunded. If there is some kind of clause like this one then it will be very difficult for the consumer courts to give you the relief. If there is no such clause then you shall have to write yourself to the concerned person in the said institute for the refund of the course fee. This can be done a couple of times or more if they do not reply or reply in negative. Thereafter, you can consult a lawyer who shall first issue a legal notice and then draft and file a complaint on your behalf in the District Consumer Forum having the territorial jurisdiction to adjudicate you case. Further, you can yourself file a complaint in the said District Forum and appear yourself, without a lawyer too.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
245 votes

It will depend on the terms and conditions of the Institute. Did you sign any paperwork during the time of admission or were any conditions told to you at that time? contact with complete details and we can take further action from there.

275 votes

Respected Sir/Ma'am,

Kindly check the institute's refund policy at the time of your child's admission in the course. The institutes have their own rules and regulations regarding the refund of the tution fee.

Thank you

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles