Cancelled booking within 1 month can builder file cheque bounce case

Hi, I need advice on cheque bounce case. Let me explain in details about situation. I booked a plot on May'16 and later came to know documents were not correct hence, cancelled the booking. I paid 1lac at the time of booking as per their company policy. In that application there is clause as refund only will issue after 90 working days incase of cancellation. I got the PDC in this month (Oc)Tbut my cheque has been bounced because of lack of funds in the company's bank account. I'm scared now about my lac because many of them I found with similar cases...they are saying even if you put cheque bounce case they even delay your refund they are now saying come today and tommorrow simple time passing. My question if I file the case is there any justice which I get ...because if that company claims no money as everything invested on land. then what would be my situation? Kindly advice what would be my next course of action to get my money back. Thanks,

Answers (2)

195 votes

You can file a consumer case against the builder for deficiency in service and unfair trade practices. You will get your principal amount (one lakh) back with good interest and compensation. The case will not take much time and you are sure to win it if you all documents with the builder.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

166 votes

Before initiating cheque bounce case you have to send legal notoce first. If you failed to send notice in prescribed time you will loose your right to initiate cheque bounce case. Contact me with your papers

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles