Can the jurisdiction for consumer complaint be changed?

sir, ours is the CHENNAI BASED online mobile and tab selling companies... when the consumer finds any issue over the product they institute the case in their jurisdiction... IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY OF CHANGING THE CASE FROM RESPECTIVE CONSUMER'S JURISDICTION TO OUR COMPANY'S HEAD OFFICE'S JURISDICTION I,E CHENNAI

Answers (1)

160 votes

Yes, there is a possibility of change in the jurisdiction. You can change or add in your online portal in terms of use, privicy policy and about us there you can mention that all the legal queries/ conflicts would be entitled to the jurisdiction of Chennai and no other state.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles