can I go to consumer court for defective chairs without guarantee

i bought 6 office chairs 2 months ago but they have some major problem just 2 months after i bought them. the shopkeeper now says that these are chinese chairs and come without guarantee. i have the proper bill. can i go to consumer court for this?


If you have the original copy of the bill and the damage was not damage done intentionally then

YES, you can go to the consumer district form.


To file a complaint in consumer district please go on the following link :

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Similar questions

I am a member of Shreshtha Apartment. Society Head disconnect my generator line due to non payment of maintenance charge. it was due as per notificati…

Read More

Total purchases done though Credit Card is mismatching with the sum of all purchases in my statements. i called to customer care and they accepted the…

Read More

I bought few items( onion and mushroom) from Big bazzar and billed me excess to what was offered in the packet. What is the procedure to go for consu…

Read More

Sir, kindly confirm whether I have to re-submit all the copies of complaint, replies by OP , evidences and written arguments along with the memorandum…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue