Can I file a complaint at NCDR forum without an advocate ?

I am in process of filing one consumer complaint before National Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum on behalf of one company. Myself is a management consultant. The complainant company has provided authority letter in my favour. Please clarify whether I can re-present the case of a said company by holding said authority letter or we have to necessarily need to hire an advocate.

Answers (3)

123 votes

Hello my dear clints.
I read your complaint but im will not satisfyed to you. Because you writte a full complaint or please call me than i will satisfyed to you. Please contact to lawRato. Profile and ask my contact no.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

261 votes

yes you can file a complaint on behalf of ur company if the purpose of service is not commercial. u will have to go district Consumer Dispute Redressal Forum then to state commission and then to national commission. to hire an advocate is not compulsory but presence of an advocate will sharpen your case in your favor so in my view you should hire an advocate for a better result.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
344 votes


Coming to your query, you are actually on a capacity of an authorized representative (AR), now it depends that the company has specifically granted you the permission to pursue for litigation. If your an AR, then yes you can definitely file the complaint as a party in person or person aggrieved.

Best luck!

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles