Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Can I appeal in the court if my company refuses to renew my contract

Hi, I joined central autonomous organisation as DEO as imprest basis for one year. then registered myself as DEO contract basis for one year via gency in same organsation tself. After one year again selected as Asisstant Accounts Officer again in DDA on contract basis but this time directly. One year complete in June 2018. But in the meantime new permanent AAO's are recurit under process. my age 31 plus having professional degree as required for the post. If they cancelled to renew our contract can i appeal in court. as i didnt get break after completion of 1st six months others get. what is my future in organisation i am tensed. Even the organsation recurit AAO who are mcom which is not esstional requirement according to their ad. For AAO they ask Professional degree like CA CMA ICWA MBAfinance & equivalent. and they take undertaking by Mcom candidates as equvivalent which is not. please suggest something.

Answers (3)

If the nature of job is on retainership basis as per the letter of engagement your contract may be renewed subject to mutual agreement. However, if the organisation is not happy about your performance they may chose not to extend your contract of service. If the term of contract is one year only then it may be revised if organisation wishes to have you on-board. Court cannot compel the organisation to keep an under performing employee. You may chose to apply for permanent position, however, it is subject to sole discretion of management to hire or not to hire an employee.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Well there may be some grounds for getting relief if you are working in a government or semi govt. institution. there are judgments which support that when there is a permanent vacancy arising in then contractual employees may have some consideration however any suggestion can be made only after detailed information about all documents.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
15 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
22 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

There are always provisions in law. You can appeal but it all depends what is written in your contract. There are always some clauses in the contract which are favourable to the company. So in order to give you the complete opinion, I would need to go through the Employment contract.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 1999
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

I'm studying mbbs in bangalore under rguhs.I gave 2nd yr exam & dint clear in 2 subjects & in that 1 sub by 1 mk.I applied for retotaling …

Read More

Can one submit an "evidence by way of affidavit" second time as additional affidavit to previously submitted affidavit in consumer forum.?…

Read More

Can you quote Indian Penal Code section numbers eg. IPC section 193 for false evidence, section 191,192 for fabricating evidence in your consumer cour…

Read More

Is it possible for restaurants to sell cool drink like Pepsi above MRP rate at any circumstance? If anyone does like that what can I do to get it in M…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue