Can i add my name as a beneficiary after mother's death to claim share

Sir /Ma'am, sadly my mother has passes away due to wrong treatment of doctor. My father has filed a monetary compensation case against the hospital authority in consumer court. But unfortunately he has excluded my name as benificiry for compensation. I am married and only son of my parent. My wife is pregnent and we r running in financial hardship. Now the hospital authority agreed to pay compensation to my father through curt settlement. But as my father has not mentioned my name as benificiery while filing the case, now he is unwilling to pay me any part of compensation. Is there any way I could include my name as benificiery before he receive the compensation money ? What should i do now ?

If the decree is already passed you have lost the opportunity. You should preferred an application before the court .But you said court settlement ,which is not very clear. please specify and share more detailed facts.