Can consumer court order judicial enquiry? And can it be against RBI?

Hi, 1) I have uncovered a major scam and malpractices by banks of illegal as well as criminal in nature. 2) Police say they cant do anything because it is Non-cognisable in nature. 3) CBI says they cant do anything because they are private banks. So unless state instructs them they cant do anything. 4) RBI has chosen to not respond at all. it has been 4 months since no response from them. 5) basically all the authorities are ignoring me. 6) keeping the case details aside, can I move into consumer court to get a judicial enquiry into the malpractices. 7) Till now it was one bank, I was chasing the bank. Now I have reported two banks and RBI is just ignoring me. Somewhere it is inaction of RBI that is causing the problem I feel. 8) So my question is Can i take both the cases to the consumer court and make RBI a party or does it have to be some other court. If some other court, Which one is less expensive and faster in nature? Thanks.

Answers (3)

138 votes

Sir you can file a writ in HC or a PIL and make all the culprits parties to the suit consumer court doesn't have jurisdiction for such kind of cases hence the suit will be barred by jurisdiction of Cosumer have to move to HC by way of writ of PIL

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

235 votes

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your complaint will not be entertained by the consumer Court. You will have to file a private complaint with the First Class Judicial Magistrate for registering offences against the Banks.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
305 votes

As per information given by you we need to discuss , this scam , remedy is available ty ..............................................................................?....................?................

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles