Builder not returning advance money paid what can I do.

I have booked a flat and give advance money by the cheque. Later I know building is mortgage in bank and builder is defaulter from the bank. I wish to the builder return my advance money but he is avoid and tell me when will be flat is book then I will return. So what I do ?

Answers (1)

64 votes

First serve a legal notice upon the contractor giving him a stipulated time to refund you the money through a lawyer. And if he fails to refund you within the given time you have to file a legal suit against him in the appropriate forum.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles