Builder is denying the give the possession on time can I take action?

I have inveted in a property in dwarka sec 12 and paid builder the first 6 installments. But now the builder is denying the give the possession on time. What should i do in following scenarios

Answers (3)

51 votes

A very good day to you!!
A legal notice may be sent to the Builder company and thereafter you can file a consumer complaint against him in the consumer forum for the same. Please make sure the Agreement signed by you with the said Builder contains a clause that you will be given possession of the property within a stipulated time period.
Advocate Ishita Yadu

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

286 votes

At the time of purchasing the property u must have signed an agreement, as per the provisons of the agreement the act of the builder can be challenged in the court. A lot of builders nowadays do sichai things. There are many ways to get possession and also stay in the property.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
143 votes

Dear sir,
You can approach the consumer forum for redressal of ur grievience depending on the value of the claim u may approach relevant consumer forums, the jurisdiction of consumer forum is decided on registered office of the company.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles