Builder gives a floor of the apartment for commercial office purpose

Sir in our apartment 1st floor was under builder he took permission as 3bkh and now he gave it to commercial office we can move legally on him or not

Answers (3)

187 votes

Is that apartment’s permission for residential or residential cum commercial? If the builder has residential cum commercial permission you can not do any thing but all apartment residents can raise objection and can give a complaint to the Urban Development Authority. If the said apartment is only for residential all can give complaint to the urban Development Authority or can initiate legal proceedings against builder in the court of your jurisdiction.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

305 votes

Since it is his premises you have no right to move legally. In case you have any disturbance from the occupancy/commercial you may first ask him and discuss. If the occupancy in commercial the concern authorities like Municipality/Electricity Dept will take care.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
303 votes

yes you may take legal action on that.
firstly you can issue a notice through apartment welfare association and also GHMC/Municipal authorities saying that conducting commercial activities in the residential area.
then approach appropriate court of law.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles