quesBuilder demanding interest for delay payment

I did the agreement to sale on 13th Feb. There was clause that if remaining amount not paid within 21 days, I will have to pay 18% interest. I applied for home loan in SBI and the amount disbursed on 16th Apr by SBI. Now builder (actually sales agent) demanding 65000 as penalty. He is not ready to talk or negotiate. How should I proceed? 1. NOC from builder was submitted in bank on 29th Feb 2. Builder said 55000 is interest for delay and 10000 is fee of home loan agent 3. Builder has not sent any demand letter mentioning interest for delay

  • ansGreetings,
    If you had agreed with the terms that in case you delay in paying the amount you shall pay interest at 18% then you have to pay, however if no demand notice is addressed by builder then sit quiet till the time he sends so...(THIS IS THE SITUATION WHERE YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY) and 2nd thing about 10k as home loan agent it should be none of your business if you had not agreed to it while opting for loan. basically your not required to pay for home loan agent. The builder may negotiate the amount later on

    Advocate Pankaj Kandhari

      Fort, Mumbai

  • Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • IPC Section 500 - Punishment for defamation
Consult best Consumer Court lawyers in India

Similar questions

The colonizer has got my plot registered which was already mortgaged in Municipal corportation. I…
Hello sir, In my area my neighbor sales heavy timber and firewood also he create…
I would like to know my rights as a consumer. My firend and i booked…
I have filed a case in 2016 in ncdrc Delhi but from last six months…

Consumer Court Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly