Builder charged vat of Rs 30000 for flat not refunding what can I do

Builder charged vat of 30000/-for flat though I had completion certificate,not refunding since last 4 years ,says he has deposited amount with vat department and when they will refund then only he will refund to us.But vat dept says he should refund you amount immediately,you as a client have no relationship with his dealing with vat dept.I have payment receipt and also the completion certificate.If I approach will I win my case and how much time will it take for results.How much will I have to spend in court to get my 30000/-

The VAT department is correct. You àre not responsible for the folly of the builder. The builder has to refund you the amount forthwith. You have a fit case for consumer forum. But, in consumer forum, the builder may raise the point of limitation which is two years. So, if you are moving consumer forum, first issue a notice to the builder and demand money. You will require a lawyer for clever drafting. Then, file a consumer complaint. In Consumer forum , the case normally takes a year or so due to work load and other reasons. But you can fight your own case and save lawyer's fees. No court fee for Rs. 30000/ will be charged by the consumer forum. Alternatively, you can also think of filing a criminal case against the builder.