Builder cancel the project and not returning the my money back

I have purchase the property from builder in Kolkata rajarhat through marketing company in July 2014. Now they have cancel the project and after one year they gave me 5 post dated cheque and 2 security. Cheque. Now 1st cheque itself has bounce and suddenly builder has deposited a partial payment rs 47000 in my account without informing me. Now he is not picking any call or SMS neither hr is responding to my mail. how can i recover my all money from builder as 1st cheque itself got bounced. I want step by step legal guidance which legal way i have to go against builder and marketing company?

Answers (1)

325 votes

Take immediate steps. Send legal notice for cheque bouncing, following file a case u/s 138, 142 NI Act. Secondly send legal notice demanding the entire money with interest and compensation, following file a complaint before District Consumer Forum and also file a suit for recovery of money. And also file a criminal case u/s 156(3) under Sec 406, 420 IPC for cheating. I hope, the builder will come to you and pay the money immediately. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles