×

quesBuilder asking for 10% amount to cancel the booking. What to do?

I made a booking with a builder and signed the agreement. Now i want to cancel the booking. Now the builder is asking to pay 10% of the flat amount to cancel the booking. Is it legal? Can i do it?

• ansHi,

It would be better if you show your documents first though amount can be demanded on the initial deposit only but in order to have more concrete opinion I would advise you to show the copy of the agreement first..

Advocate Ankur Aggarwal

Uday Park, Delhi

• ansYou will have to review the terms of the agreement that you had signed with the builder. That said, such terms are extremely onerous and should be challenged in court. Request you to meet a lawyer and discuss your case.

Advocate Dhruv Suri

Barakhamba Road, Delhi