Builder allot already occupied parking to new resident without consent

I have a flat and have got the possession in the year 2015. At the time of possession I was given parking lot no.1088. Since then I am residing in my flat and parking my car in the allotted parking lot. Suddenly few days back I was told by society maintenance team that I need to park my car in parking lot no.1231 as my earlier parking lot has been assigned to another resident,who has got his flat possession in 2017. How can the builder allot my parking lot to some one who has taken possession after me? Any legal solution pls do let know. I am a Hindu.

Answers (3)

310 votes

First you give him a legal notice in this regard explaining everything in detail, and what you want after that you can approach consumer forum or RERA to lodged a complain in this regard. Lodge a complain through CM window.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

270 votes

Do have any letter from the society or builder regarding parking number 1088 if you have one then the same parking space (number 1088) cannot be handed over to some other person. Also to be seen is as to whether parking space number 1088 was previously allotted to some other flat owner.
Then only consumer forum can be approached.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
113 votes

Hey you can file a a complaint case in the district forum stating that your parking space is given to someone else without prior information. This is deficiency in service caused by the builder. A legal notice can be served to the builder to stop this immediately or he will be liable for litigation. Thanks

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Good Day, My name is Capt Gautam Malhotra. I am working in Australia from past 3 years. I have invested 30.6 lakhs in a shop with a builder constructi…

Read More

Dear Sir/Madam, I bought a flat in the year 2013 by a builder in a new construction property in Mumbai. The building received Occupation Certificate i…

Read More

A year back I bought a flat in a small apartment which has 8 flats. (4 floors, 2 flats each floor). There is no permission for 4th floor; and only 6 p…

Read More

Hi, I have booked a flat in New Panvel (Adai village) in 2012 while construction was supposed to start. That time builder promised me in next 3 months…

Read More