Bought house from builder, but quality very bad. What to do?

We have bought an apartment in a prominent gated complex in the city, which is only a couple of years old but the construction quality is so poor that the roofs are already leaking there are so many cracks on the wall too, also the road in front of is not mettald. Despite repeated written request and discussion in person the builder has turned a deaf year and has left us to suffer in silence. We are thinking of approaching the consumers court regarding the same. What is the best way to proceed and what are the rules and regulations regardin the matter ? Also I would like to know about the expenses.
Thank you

Answers (1)

341 votes
In case there has been deficiency in service, the best way is to file a complaint in the forum of appropriate jurisdiction. If the property worth is more than 20L, you shall file a case in the State Commission; in case it is more than 1cr, you will file it in the National Commission. You will required to prove in the court of law that there was deficiency in the quality of the apartment, which was not made known to you. Also, higlight the fact that the builder has refused to entertain your demands. the cost could anything between 20k to 70k, depending on where you file it, court expenses, and service fee of the lawyer.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles