quesBought a bottle from a shop. Got a dead fly in it. Where to complain?

I purchased a bottle of seagram's royal stag premium whisky from a wine shop. Upon opening it i found a dead fly inside the contents of whisky bottle. Please suggest what legal remedies are available to me ?

  • ansin this given situation it is fault of service provider he duty bound to provide you product up to market standard therefore you can go for replacement and for compensation in local consumer redressal forum against the manufacturer company for their fault. beside you can file complaint to the approval authority for selling contaminated and substandard material in the market.

    Advocate Yogesh Kumar Vidyakar

      District Court, Dwarka, Delhi

  • ansYour legal remedy will trigger if you consumed the soda and suffered some bodily harm/disease. Just by virtue of identifying the fly, you will be entitled to the cost of the whiskey bottle and marginal compensation (maybe INR 1000 or so), if at all the case is filed before the consumer forum and an order is passed. As long as you are safe, my suggestion would be to read to the manufacturer and let them know.

    Advocate Dhruv Suri

      Barakhamba Road, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Consumer Court lawyers in India

Similar questions

1) I have obtained some public documents thru RTI, The Documents has been stamped as…

I had booked flight from Indigo. From Hyderabad to Chennai. There was a unnecessary delay…
I gave a agency 77 thousand for processing the visa for Canada. Due to some…
3 years back. I have done gym investment in fitness equipment. But I didn't received…

Consumer Court Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly