Bill from tata docomo beyond credit limit. Where can i complain?

I am a tata docomo 3g postpaid user (Rs. 1250 with a credit limit of Rs. 5400) Recently on a trip to Gurgaon, i got a bill of Rs. 33,500. On contacting customer care, i found i was charged 10paisa/10kb because docomo doesn't have 3g in that area. After mailing their appellate, i got a reply from them appellate stating that the 33,500 bill is fair according to their policy (they monitor usage for 3 days and then block) and i should pay up in order to avoid legal proceedings. They are ready to give me a discount of 40% but i don't think i should be charged beyond credit limit.

Answers (3)

188 votes

This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

237 votes

The company is clearly negligent on their part, although it also depends on the form which you have signed at the time of taking the connection. You first need to get a postpaid form from a vendor, go through that form and look for this clause in the form. The reason for this exercise is, if they have mentioned this clause in the form and you have signed it then we will deal with this case in a different manner and if you didn't then in another manner. Also the company should have intimated you about this non availability of their service in Gurgaon, so that you would have moulded the plan accordingly. The legal action would be first sending a legal notice to them asking them to solve your query in 30 days otherwise a complaint would be filed under section 13 of the Consumer Protection Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

106 votes

File a complaint before District Consumer forum of your District.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles