Bank not responding to complaint made about ATM transaction

I made a ATM transaction on ATM..message received that transation has been done but i did not received money. I send lot of emails and call eatch other but no response. Now i want a advise weather i can do case with the help of Consumer court or not.

Answers (3)

162 votes

you can file a case against the bank either in district consumer forum or directly approach the bank with the message and opt for a settlement through ombudsman.
The consumer forum will take atleast and year to resolve your claim.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

331 votes

Yes. you can. But first got to the branch manager and register a complaint there. Then you will have to show to that the ATM did not give you money. which you can show from the CCTV records in that ATM vestibule. Make sure you have all the document and complaints before you proceed to the court.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
185 votes

Dear Sir,
These matters can be escalated into the higher hierarchy of the bank and if the solution is still not given a case can be filed with the banking Ombudsman. Also a criminal complaint under the relevant provisions of the Indian Penal Code is maintainable.
Consumer case is also maintainable. This is fast too.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles